1.2K views
Resolved

Update by user Apr 22, 2016

I cannot say I'm happy (I would have been if I had gotten the product I ordered and paid what I had expected to), but I can say that I am satisfied today! As I stated in my complaint, I filed a Regulation E form at my bank which gets an investigation going.

Today, I noticed that the full amount of $97.63 was returned to my checking account; my bank got my money back! I never even bothered to pick up the package(s) from the Post Office -- why would I after reading online that the product is trash anyway.

I am so officially done with scandalous companies like this. From now on, I'll check to see what the internet is saying BEFORE I go making any online purchase.

Original review posted by user Apr 05, 2016

I hate being ripped off with a deep passion! I sent the following letter to Dutch Glow today by FedEx, copying the FTC, NYC and NYS Consumer Affairs. My complete story:

Complaint:

I went to your website in mid-February to order your Dutch Glow product for $14.99. I put in all the required information along with my address and card number. When I got to the checkout point, I was repeatedly asked if I wanted to double my order for extra shipping, or some such nonsense. I repeatedly clicked “no.” This went on, so I closed out of the website altogether.

Later, I tried again, thinking I had hit some sort of glitch the first time. This time, when I got to the checkout point, I was asked one time if I wanted to double my order. Again, I clicked “no,” and I got “Thank you for your order.” The amount posted for my order had suddenly become $61.82! I was hysterical! I ordered one bottle for $14.99 and I was going to be charged $61.82!

I immediately tried to call the company, but got a recording.

I contacted my bank and requested that they block this company from charging my account. However, no charges appeared. Until one month later. And, instead of charging $61.82, they tacked on ANOTHER CHARGE of $35.81 for a total of $97.63 -- I ordered a product for $14.99 and paid $97.63!

This is criminal. How do you go into someone’s checking account and just withdraw whatever amount you please? My checking account has basically been hacked!

Any company that needs the “fine print” following this letter is certainly up to something fraudulent, but I found out the hard way. I went online, after the fact to find many, many complaints.

I want the funds reversed back into my checking account. The package(s) Dutch Glow tried to push off on me showed up yesterday at the West Farms Post Office in the Bronx, and that’s where they’ll remain until Dutch Glow requests their return. I will not even pick them up; I want nothing to do with this company.

TD Bank has instructed me to complete a Regulation E form, which I have done today. I look forward to having my money reversed back into my checking account as soon as possible.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 05, 2016.

Comments

San Diego, California, United States #1233876

Never buy anything without Checking it out on the internet Scams, like copper socks and Coper non stick pans all total scams.

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States #1221159

Thank you for this review! You saved me a lot of trouble! Sorry about your bad experience!

Phyllis278